This is really my first extensive trip covering the Indo-China region of Asia, leaving January 7th returning back into London Heathrow June 18th 2012.
The itinerary is shaping up to be:
1. London to Bangkok with Jet Airways changing planes at New Delhi.
2. 2 1/2 days in Bangkok then a flight with ThaiAsia to Phnom Penh, Cambodia - 4 weeks here.
3. Bus to Ho Chi Minh City thus begins an exploration of Vietnam, from south to north - 4 weeks here.
4. Plane (or bus) back to Bangkok spending the next 10 days exploring this Asian metropolis before flying off to India.
5. 3 Months in India between Mumbai, Goa and Kochin, and anything I can make up in between those!
That's it in a nutshell - a well trodden tourist path I know, but perhaps there just might be something else out there waiting to be discovered!
The preparations haven't been without some anxiety, namely 2 attempts getting the India Visa and a temporarily lost passport, but that's a story for another day.
So, D-day is January 7th beginning with a train ride from my local station (Norwich, UK ) down to London for a connection to Heathrow Airport to get the Jet Airways 121 to New Delhi at 2050, in seat 53A on a Boeing 777-300.