Sunday 13 January 2013

Fleeced in Kuala Lumpur January 10th 2013


Fleeced in Kuala Lumpur..

14h20 as promised and the next leg of what is turning out to be a marathon effort, is underway. The next 7 hours on QR622 is an Airbus A330 which is good because I never fail to have a comfortable journey on one of these. Unfortunately though I have had my seat changed from 11k to 19k, something I hoped wouldn't happen.  Any seasoned traveller will know row 11 on an A330 is business class. A mistake made back in July when I booked the ticket, and only spotted because of the delay! On the plus side I have 2 seats for myself and I actually manage to grab a few minutes, or was it a couple of hours, anyway it felt like sleep.

An amazing sunset somewhere over India, but thereafter nothing to be seen until arrival in Kuala Lumpur, so some more enticing food offerings and try to snatch a few more of those sleep moments - surprisingly not really that tired right now.

A smooth descent and soft landing in KL, perhaps this captain is a mind reader! 3am, 6 hours late, we seem to be the only folk around this ghost town of an airport - that is apart from those passengers waiting for the return flight, I suspect equally tired and p..off, I mean fed up.

About 30 minutes for the completion of formalities, now to find the bus to LCCT, the Air Asia terminal on the opposite side of the airport to this place known as KLIA.  A plethora of taxi drivers, eager to capitalise on this early morning flight. And capitalise they do, for there is not a bus or train too anywhere until 5.30am. £24 to downtown and anything from £10-£15 just to get across to the LCCT and the Tune Hotel - fleeced, but with zero options, other than to camp out at KLIA, then it's 10 quid and off we go

4.30am and thankfully my reservation at the  LCCT Tune Hotel still stands. Next flight in a few hours, just enough time to crash for a bit, oh and better stick the gadgets on charge. Blocked up nose, infernal coughing, no sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment