Tuesday 28 January 2014

Amrit and Anjali, Pokhara, Nepal, January 18th 2014.

Two local kids - Amrit and Anjali...

So, it's a wet Saturday in Pokhara thus no stomping the streets today, just taking time over breakfast, sipping tea, more tea and, well just for a change, coffee. A kid there hovering around looking on with interest, especially at my IPad. A girl appears from behind a curtain as if by magic, hovers also. Yes, I give in eventually, giving up any thoughts of writing the blog, for now anyway.

 Introducing Amrit, a boy of 10 years old and Anjali, a girl of 12 years old. They are son and daughter of the cafe owners and well,  let's hear from them in their own words...

Amrit....

My. School  name. Is l.a  higher. Secondary school.

Luxmi aavashiya. Is full form of. L.a.

My favorite subject is Nepali and social .

we learn from Nepali subject is writing, reading and some poems.

I like London city.

I live in pokhara'6 lakeside.

I eat rice pudding  very much.

My favorite subject is English .

My favorite game is aeroplane,angry bird and football etc

I want to be a nepali actor

Anjali...

I like London city.

I live in pokhara valley.

My favorite food is chicken chilly.

My  favorite game is port ball. (similar to netball).

I want to be a dancer.

My favorite food is dal beat and chapatti with chicken chilly.

I can speak in Hindi, nepali and English .

As you can see they have a good command of English, not perfect but at the age of just 10 and 12 still more to learn. And somehow I've talked myself into the school tomorrow, Sunday. Yes, School for these two runs Sunday to Friday and they seem pretty keen for me to ride to bus and see their school.

A lull in the rain sees a mad rush towards the lake, Just in time to see the sun setting as the clouds begin to clear. The boat owners are doing brisk business again and the locals take the opportunity to do their laundry from the waters edge. An eerie mist developing across the stillness of Fewa lake away from the central area. Crows roosting while the hawkes float on the air waiting for that ultimate prize - a big juicy fish.

Amrit
Anjali

No comments:

Post a Comment