Wednesday 6 March 2013

Auckland, here we come March 6th 2013

Well, after having been directed onto stand B, then to stand C, no its D, it's back to where I started on stand A only to learn that this bus, U423 only runs 7.30 and 8.30am. Maybe I can hike it, doesn't look all that far, according to google maps anyway. Getting some orientation from this part of China town is proving a non-event trying to match road names to google maps is something of a challenge. 30 minutes and I'm clearly getting nowhere, wandering onto motorways where I probably shouldn't be! Yep, time to give up and head to Starbucks at the Airport where I can console myself over a coffee and figure where it went wrong - at least I don't have to face the board room!

KL Sentral is just a short stomp away, and the bus to LCCT airport is ready to go, £1.80 and I can jump on. Still with plenty of time to kill, Starbucks for an hour then a quick hike to  my favourite food court for a last gorge on some good food before embarking on the long flight to Auckland. 

First stop, Singapore airport, quite a nice view of the city at night as the plane routes south around the Island before making the approach to Changi. The Emirates flight isn't until 1.20am so plenty of time fora nap I think. 

Not a bad flight on this Boeing triple seven, with seat in the middle vacant, and I have been able to wedge a pillow the window and my seat, making the prospect of getting some sleep all the more feasible. 7 hours to Dubai where I should hopefully connect with the A380 to Auckland via Melbourne. Right now though, a snack is on its way looking at those trolleys coming down. Oh, must have nodded off, only 2 1/2 hours to go, marvellous! 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul,
    It's good to catch up on your travels. So, you're on your way to Auckland - great. We leave for New Delhi this Saturday. Enjoy, I'll write more later. Michael and Virginia
    Penang, Malaysia

    ReplyDelete